At one point and time in your life as a believer, have you thought? “God I must be cursed,” or you may have even felt because of past family history that you were destined to have that terrible thing happen to you, high blood pressure, teenage pregnancy, drug abuse, etc. In this teaching I will deal with those issues and many more and help realign your path into a curse free lifestyle by effectively using the Word of God.
Satan’s biggest tactic he uses against the believer is trying to make you believe these things do not exist, but there are truly signs that let you know you possibly have a curse on your life, now a sign is not you experiencing a sharp pain in your knee and you then collapse to the floor because someone is sticking a voodoo doll of you. Curses actually deal with action or a lack there of. There are curses that may be prevalent in your life today but one key factor remains about that curse is it did not come from God.
First deal with signs that you are under a curse and after detecting some signs we will tackle how to get the curse off your life, your family, and your circumstances. Let me establish you may not have been cursed as a result of Satan’s doing but, it may have been because there was something you as a believer needed to do in order to keep a curse from coming on you.
Signs of a Curse
- Mental Breakdown – Mental illness will cause someone to have an unsound mind and people in that particular family will feel that it’s normal for it to happen to other family members. Did it come from God? No! Not according to 2 Timothy 1:7 which tells us what type of mind God has given us, which is a sound mind.
- Family Alienation – No one in the family desires to fellowship with the other or everyone in the family can never see eye to eye. How can you love God whom you have never seen and not love your brother?
- Repeat Sickness – Continuously sick over and over again, getting sick the same time every year, or a sickness that is passed from one generation to the next. The Word of God let’s you know God has healed you. Isaiah 53:5 states, “….and by His stripes (Jesus) we are healed.
- Broken Marriages – Constant marriage and divorce running ramped throughout a family, there are certain instances where a writing of divorcement is in order and there are times when what God has joined together no man should be able to separate. Matthew 19: 1 – 10.
- Unstable Church Membership – Unable to stay stable in one particular church, constantly joining many churches over a short period of time.
- Teenage Pregnancy – This one could be for the daughter as well as the son, young daughters getting pregnant or your teenage son getting someone pregnant, it happened with the grandparents, parents, and now the children.
- Financial Problems – Constantly in the mode of being broke, money never comes to you, it could stem from where you are sowing your money or simply because you have not been a good steward over you finances. Our Father in heaven tells us, He has never seen the righteous forsaken nor His seed begging bread. Psalm 37:25.
- Racial Curses – A sickness that goes through a racial generation and has a higher percentage rate among that particular race on a consistent basis, high blood pressure, diabetes, stroke, cancer, suicide, etc.
Remedy for a Curse
Believe and receive.
- The key to any curse is in the book of Romans, which lets us know we have been redeemed from the curse. Being released from a curse does not work for everyone, only the person who has accepted, Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior, believe in your heart and confess with you mouth that Jesus died for the soul purpose of redeeming you from sin and your faith must be in total operation.
- Romans 10:9 – Confess you faith in Christ and His sacrifice on your behalf.
- Matthew 3:2 – Repent from sin and rebellion, not because you’re in a rebellious state against your leaders or God, the reason for this is you may not be adhering to authority based on position, age, gender, and race. It is our position as believers to obey the laws of the land, which means at work, home, and church.
- Mark 11:25 – Forgive every person that has harmed you or done wrong to you. How can God forgive you if you haven’t forgiven? It is not just for us to forgive but also to forget, God cast our wrongs into the sea of forgetfulness, who are we as believers to remind someone of their wrongs.
- Mark 11:24 – Pray the curse off your life. You must renounce all satanic powers and occults. Satan uses flesh gateways (eyes, mouth, ears.) to demonically enter our loves, however, God uses the spirit to deal with us, this is why God instructs us to pray, talk, walk, and worship in the spirit. The spirit is an area Satan can not use.
We as believers are living in a time where we have been bestowed with power from on high, we have learned if you receive Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior there is no need for you to live under a curse. There are many scripture promises that reaffirms this constantly throughout the Word of God. You can not confess this word once but confess this Word until a change in your situation is evident, put your faith into effect, the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things unseen.
Don’t be moved by what you see, only by what you believe!
Pastor Frederic Pinkney
More Inspirational Words
Father in the name of Jesus I confess your word concerning healing. As I do this, I believe and say that your word will not return to you void, but will accomplish what it says it will. Therefore I believe in the name of Jesus that I am healed,
Psalm 112:7 He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the LORD.
From learning as a child, “Now I lay me down to sleep”, to the time you learned the prayer we should model our prayers after, Matthew 6:9 – 13, “The Lord’s Prayer”. We discover these two prayers have one thing in common
Breaking the Curse
At one point and time in your life as a believer, have you thought? “God I must be cursed,” or you may have even felt because of past family history that you were destined to have that terrible thing happen to you...